If cheesecake is your jam, you’ll love this perfectly portioned dessert! It’s perfect for potlucks or other events where it’s nice to have one hand free for mingling and they’re a breeze to make and take with you. Each mini cheesecake is anchored with a friend: an Oreo cookie, so you have a crust and a perfect cake. Strawberries are in season and plentiful, so I took full advantage of the beautiful fruit. These are the cutest dessert I’ve made in a while and the texture of the cheesecake was firm, slightly sweet, and had a New York style feel to it-not quite as dry, but they cooked evenly and were done in 20 min on the dot. No need to mess with this recipe!
My friends get together once a month for some socializing as a group, some really good drinks, and food! This month was “cheese” themed and we went all out. There was fondue, homemade pimento cheese, margarita pie, more cheese, and awesome cocktails for everyone. It was a slam dunk! These made a nice addition to the afternoon that turned into evening and it’s so great to see some of my professional friends and catch up! I met them all through work or other friends and we’ve become ‘real friends’ in real life–what a gift!
1/2 hr. cook time
3 hrs. “cool” time in the fridge
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- cupcake liners
- fruit of choice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended.
- Place 1 cookie on bottom of each of 12 paper-lined muffin cups; top with cream cheese mixture.
- *hint: I tamp down the cupcake tin to get the cheese mixture to settle before putting in the oven to ensure there’s no air bubble and everything cooks evenly.
- Bake 20 min. or until centers are almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours. Top with fruit & serve.