Chocolate sauce in ten minutes? I think so! This silky, rich, and simple chocolate sauce will replace any bottle or jar you buy from the store and you’ll find it takes less time to make than to actually go and buy a jar of pre-made sauce. Knowing what’s in it is just icing, I mean, sauce on your cake!
My favorite way to eat this (besides with a spoon) is on top of my favorite springtime dessert!
Spring meant angel food cake with fresh fruit for my Mema. I find myself making this classic and simple dessert each spring, usually for Easter, but it’s also great for potlucks or dinner parties or to celebrate anything (including yourself). This dessert is perfect because it’s not heavy like many are and you can still satisfy the sweet tooth you’ve got.
makes about two cups
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (I use Baker’s brand, each square is ONE ounce)
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate (Baker’s brand)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate, milk, sugar and butter over medium heat.
- Melt, whisking regularly.
- As the contents melts together, whisk constantly to bring everything together.
- Once sauce has combined, add vanilla and removed from heat.
- Sauce should be smooth. Whisk until you get desired consistency and thickness.
- Cool to serve or keep in fridge and reheat gently in 30 sec. increments in microwave or in warm water bath for serving.