Warm weather means bountiful produce and I’m thinking ahead to fresh beans cooked with fresh cherry tomatoes and topped with some balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese! Is your mouth watering too?
I was lamenting that it was cold and yucky during a stretch of rainy weather and took to the grocery store to cheer me up. Not exactly a good coping technique, but thankfully, I made this healthy choice! Fresh green beans were looking good and a pint of festive cherry tomatoes also landed in my basket to be whisked away to an exotic location: my kitchen. Cook the beans to your desired tenderness, I prefer to keep them a bit firm, the same with the tomatoes-do what you like to eat.
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until they become translucent.
- Add green beans and chicken stock. Put a lid on the pan so the beans will cook down until desired tenderness, about 8 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
- Turn heat off of pan and cover. Let stand for about two minutes, or until cherry tomatoes are heated through or starting to break down.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parm over the top before serving.