Summer is here! Summer is here! It’s one of my favorite seasons for food! Everything tastes better because there’s fresh produce around, the weather gets us eating outside in nature, and the long days make us linger longer in good company. You’ll love this dip because you can take the produce you have on hand and turn it into some AMAZINGGGGG dip for a crowd. It can also sit out for a bit without giving anyone food poisoning.
I’ve seen several variations on this recipe using Feta, but I went with a good block of queso fresco this time around. Feel free to mix and match, my feelings will never be hurt!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 standard block (10 oz. or so) of queso fresco cheese, cubed or crumbled into small pieces
- 3 Roma tomatoes tomatoes, cubed in small pieces
- 2 strands green onions, sliced small
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped very small
- 1 baguette
- Greek Seasoning of some sort (or oregano, salt, pepper)
- Take a pie plate or equal size serving platter and pour olive oil over the bottom.
- Layer on the tomatoes, green onion, and green pepper.
- Top with cheese
- Sprinkle seasoning over the top.
- Toss GENTLY with a spoon until incorporated.
- Use bread to dip, scoop, and enjoy!