Another banner year on ye’olde food blog! Thank you so much for stopping by and viewing these darn MUFFINS!!! The Power Muffin reigns supreme yet again with a massive following! With 270,000 views this year, I could not be more thrilled! I take no sponsors, I do it for the fun. I cut back on recipes in the latter half of the year due to work changes and frankly: I want to put the time and effort into quality recipes for you. New responsibilities didn’t lend themselves to more time to cook but less. I’m hoping to balance it back out in 2015. I also started stitch fix this year and LOVE the service, highlighting my boxes each month.
Want the recipe for these fabulous muffins?
makes 12 regular muffins (depending how full you pack your muffin tin)
- no-stick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats–quick or regular oats, plain
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces honey nonfat greek yogurt or 1 1/2 cups (Chobani)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray or liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a second bowl.
- Fold yogurt mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine completely.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake until top is golden and springs back when you gently touch it, 20-25 minutes.