You’ll love this cheesy, warm, ooey, gooey, wonderful appetizer because it’s comes together in a snap, takes little effort, and people will think it’s extra fancy. And who doesn’t like that kind of compliment?
I saw a recipe for some olive dip but being an incredibly lazy creature, I thought about it and I thought about it….and I decided that I should just put the dip on the bread and bake it. Less work to eat it in the long run 😛
I added some hot pepper jack cheese to mine instead of all mozzarella, but feel free to go forth and experiment with your preferred cheese of choice. There’s probably no “wrong” answer here in terms of what you want to melt. 20 minutes in the oven and you’ll be waiting with breath that is baited.
- 1 French bread baguette (or loaf of French bread)
- olive oil
- 2 stalks green onions (about 1/2 cup), sliced into thin pieces
- 1 block of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 c. black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 c. pepper jack cheese, grated (or you choose your combo
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split the bread lengthwise with a serrated knife.
- Hollow out the bread ‘boats’ with your fingers to give you more room for the amazing cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil (or spread some softened butter).
- Mix the cream cheese, green onion, mayo, both kinds of olives, cheeses, pepper, and garlic together in a mixing bowl until it all comes together.
- Smooth spoonfuls of the mixture into the hollowed out bread.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 min. or until the bread is golden brown.
- Serve warm.