You’ll love this because it grills up beautifully, has a great creaminess thanks to the cream cheese and makes almost NO dishes!!! Chicken is so versatile and so boring all at the same time. Some days, I look at it and go….blah…..which is what I did this time when I opened the fridge to find a package of breasts. Then, I knew I wouldn’t want to eat BLAH chicken and I started searching. I pulled out a haphazard set of ingredients and then put them all back. Twice. Then, I saw the thing in life that makes everything better. Butter? Cream cheese.
Paired with some salty olives and the fresh bite of green onion, this made me very happy. I paired it with a simple spinach salad on a beautiful spring evening and thoroughly enjoyed this meal and again the next day for leftovers.
10 min. prep + cook time
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (I filet them to make them flat & thinner)
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped (any olive will do)
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat grill
- Mix cream cheese, olives, onions, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Schmear the mix evenly along each chicken breast.
- Roll each breast up and seal closed with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper if you wish.
- Lay each breast in a piece of tinfoil big enough to roll into a small ‘package’ to put on the grill.
- Grill the breasts on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- *Optional: remove each breast from the foil and place on the grill to get some pretty grill marks. WARNING: your filling may fall out. (I would not want you to lose any of the cream cheese goodness).