Super Bowl Sunday is about football…and food! From melted cheese and bacon to baked wings, meatball sliders to spicy deviled eggs, here are some scrumptious possibilities for your Super Bowl get together.
The Super Bowl and the NFL have become a marketing machine. Not only do we as American’s rally around our TV’s, but we eat, drink, eat, drink, and repeat the cycle several times over. People can’t get enough of Super Bowl snacking and celebrating. No matter who you’re rooting for or if you’re like me and you tune in for the commercials and the ‘show,’ odds are, you’ll be eating and drinking like a champ!
Below are some of my favorite recipes! Consider putting a few of them on your Super Bowl Sunday menu! I tried to pick some decadent treats and some food that is healthier to help offset the bountiful dishes of melted cheese you’ll likely eat!
1. Bacon Wrapped Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Honestly: these are #1- err’y time I serve them. No one gets bored popping these into their mouths (that’s what she said).
2. Turkey Meatball Sliders. If you’ve shoved too many mini grilled cheese sandwiches into your stomach, a turkey meatball might be a slightly healthier option. Slightly….
3. Sticky Garlic Wings. Baked, not fried….you won’t miss the deep fryer on these. I promise.
4. Crock Pot Crab Dip. Mix it, turn it on, walk away….Can’t get much easier or tastier than this one! The mini-crock pot might be my new favorite thing this year!
5. Devilish Srirachi Eggs. Spicy deviled eggs aren’t what they seem at first glance. These guys can be made in advance, left in the fridge and be pulled out just in time for kick off.
6. Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip. When you’ve had your fill of savory, move onto a little sweet. No one will know the greek yogurt is healthy and you can mix this before and pull it out in time for Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers halftime show.